This job involves performing maid service and towel change six days a week, along with various other cleaning tasks such as public restrooms, windows, meeting rooms, and other public areas. Each Saturday there is a change over in which all guest rooms are cleaned between conferences. This is done in a four-hour time period with help from other departments.
- Perform daily maid service/towel change with a partner
- Clean public areas such as restrooms, lounges, walkways and entries
- Help with completing a “chore list” each day, which will include cleaning windows, vacuuming stairs, and other miscellaneous tasks
- Assist in the Saturday change over in the capacity of building captain, or other assigned duties
- Perform extra duties as assigned. Extra duties may include on call responsibilities, early morning unlock, late night janitorial tasks, or occasional shifts in other departments including kitchen serving.
- Able to lift/move at least 20 lbs.
- Able to climb stairs often throughout the day
- Able to be on feet for long periods of time, either standing or walking
- Able to perform tasks that involve bending, kneeling, or stooping
- Able to work with various cleaning chemicals on a daily basis
Clothes should be neat and clean, wrinkle free, with out frayed edges. Two uniform shirts will be issued – one to be returned at the end of summer. A nametag will be given to each person, and must be worn during working hours. Close-toed shoes are required at all times during working hours.
Each person will work five days a week, with two consecutive days off. The hours each day may vary, but usual working hours are from 8am to 5pm.